Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Jersey mama's birthday wishes



Another year has came & gone and I'm a year older. I will admit, I lathered on an extra layer of anti-wrinkle lotion, plucked a few grey hairs and smiled! I have a good life and each year, I'm kindly reminded of all the blessings in my life.
This birthday was a bit different. I started the day solo with no hubby, as he had left way before the sun woke up! The Jersey kids came in and gave me a card and flowers from Scott. The card was one of those birthday cards that sang. This one was "Your still the one," and it just made my heart smile. Especially when the Jersey kids danced with the tunes. It made me finally get up, dance with them and smile. I started the day, before they woke, hovering the toilet, due to this bun in the oven that just likes to make its mama sick! Ugh.
Make the most of your day. Many calls, text, FB messages kindly reminded me how many loved ones I have in my life that remember. Even at my ol' age, its a nice reminder.
The kids and I dolled up, okay, I got out of my jammies, put a dab of lip gloss on and we went to the movies. A kid flick, that w/ plenty of popcorn kept them entertained and this mama too!
We spent the afternoon soaking up the nearly 70 degree temps helping feed calves at the farm. I guess this is what we do best. Plenty of giggles and smiles and it surely made this birthday girl feel special.
We capped the evening with french dip sandwiches, one of my fave (easy & delish) and strawberry shortcake (my all time fave). The kids were on their best behavior and gave big hugs and told me "You're the best mom ever." I should of asked for that in writing! ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment