Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gratitude



Simply grateful. Thanksgiving reminds me, as it should all, how fortunate and good life is. Daily reminders come easily: my kids genuine laughs that echo from deep down to their toes; my husband's smile when he finally gets home well after the sun goes down; the Jersey cow, who makes it possible for us to live better than many; for my parents, who are simply the most amazing people I know and who taught me appreciation, love, kindness, sharing and gratitude from a young age. Much more.

I remember stories and share them with my children of how as a young child my family and I would help stock food pantries, invite neighbors and others who had no place to go to our Thanksgiving dinner and simply appreciation for what we have. Love it. Isn't this what the day is all about? Sharing, giving and loving. I sure think so.

Today, we celebrated with the Bohnert family at the farm. We invited our farm labor, who are the core of helping us achieve our daily success. Good food, lots of giggles, especially from the younger crowd and true blessings. I sure hope it is contagious and continues to spread into the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment