Thursday, October 20, 2011

2nd grade, Jersey Boy



How is it possible that my oldest is now 7 and rockin' the second grade? I look at this picture and want to smile and cry! Smile because he has really matured and grown--not only in appearance, but in attitude, ability and self confidence. Tyler is very competitive and part of me doesn't like that, but really in this dog-eat-dog world, his competitiveness will come in handy. It doesn't matter if its with school work, on the basketball court or getting his household chores done before his sister, he wants to win! Then part of me wants to cry! Wasn't it yesterday that we were bringing him home from the hospital or working with him when he was 2 with speech? Our once chubby baby boy who from early on got the name porkchop has easily given that title to his baby brother. Tyler is slim, tall and handsome!

Tyler's favorite things include anything that has to do with the farm! He is a spittin' image of his father, in spades, and wants to be just like dad! It makes me smile! After all, I cannot think of a better role model for my children! He loves math, reading, basketball and soccer. He loves to play with his friends, and he has quite a few of them, no girlfriends (as of yet, which is A-OK with this mama) and while he loves his sister, he really has a special place in his heart for his baby brother.

He does and always will have a special place in my heart! Love this boy to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment