Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A BIG reminder

Recently tragedy hit to someone I know and a community I deeply care about. A college classmate's wife and 8-year-old daughter were killed in a car accident. While the community is struggling and obviously, so is the husband and 5-year-old boy left behind--this tragedy is a good reminder about how precious life is. Every second of it.
I so wish it wouldn't take tragedies like this for me to stop and analyze my own life and reflect on the blessings I have. So, last week while baby Jake would awake fussy at 3AM for five days in a row, I thanked the dear Lord for those "fussy" moments. Others are as blessed as I am.
And, while my weekend was a bit crazy, having a houseful of my Jersey kids, plus three of their friends, and activities galore, I thanked God for the overwhelming chaos in my house. Some people are not that fortunate.
On Valentines Day, we didn't dine out or buy any gifts. We exchanged cards and I held onto my loved ones tightly. Some people are not so lucky, and I want to spend the rest of my living days treasuring all my blessings!
So, I write this down and a BIG reminder that while my life might not be perfect; might be overwhelming at times--all my problems are just petty. If all I have to complain about is a busy, fun-filled, purposed driven day and crabbiness from me, my spouse and kids because of it--well I have a pretty blessed life!

No comments:

Post a Comment