Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Jersey Lessons


Three Jersey kids by the tree.
How did I ever get so lucky?
My 6-year-old, Tyler James is asking for Pokemon, Bakugun and zhu zhu pets. Again, how did I ever get so lucky that his requests are so simple and thankfully, easy on the pocketbook.
The girl in the house is asking for Barbies and zhu zhu pets and would be content with pretty much whatever Santa puts under the tree. We will treasure this for sure; someday this will change. Probably too soon for my liking.
Baby Jake can't talk yet, however his older siblings requested he get a pack of pampers, wipes, bath toys and sippie-cups! Santa smiles at this requests!!
Perhaps the best Christmas gift to me was a note Tyler wrote in his first grade classroom.
If I were a gift, I'd be money, so I could give it to a child who does not have any.
This made me cry. There are days that I feel that I'm not doing my job as a mother. Its when the child talks back, rolls his/her eyes, argues with their siblings and the list could go on and on. We've had a few too many days like this, and then this simple letter that Tyler wrote made me open my eyes and realize, I'm raising good kids, who are learning the true meaning of Christmas...and of life! Generosity and kindness go far in life kiddos! Atta boy Tyler for picking up on some of life's greatest lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment